Careers at Prince Albert Photocopier
MSP Support Engineer
Prince Albert, Saskatchewan
An excellent opportunity to expand your IT experience with a leading organization.
Enjoy an attractive remuneration package plus benefits.
Opportunities for continued training and self-paced courses to support your professional growth!
Live and work in beautiful Prince Albert – where you can be on a lake fishing in less time than it takes most Canadians to drive home from the office!
Prince Albert Photocopier was established in 1992, and for 29 years has provided organizations and businesses with Tier 1 quality office products and solutions.
As a local Saskatchewan company, Prince Albert Photocopier continues to be empowered by positively impacting the lives of our staff, inspiring the progression of our clients, and by being a reliable community partner. Our staff has more than tripled, and we are still growing!
Living in Prince Albert
Chatelaine magazine has twice named Prince Albert one of the best places to live in Canada. It is easy to see why. This is a city that encourages an active lifestyle. You are an hour’s drive from 20 different golf courses, as well as some of the province’s most popular vacation lakes and Prince Albert National Park.
And that is just the beginning. In Prince Albert, you’ll discover less traffic and more green space, less rat race, and more affordability. Today, Saskatchewan’s third-largest city is enjoying a remarkable renaissance as people discover its outstanding amenities, excellent quality of life, and colorful history.
Working with us
Prince Albert Photocopier is seeking an experienced MSP Support Engineer to join their Prince Albert-based business.
Reporting to the IT Operations Manager, you will be responsible for MSP (Managed Services Partner) Support Engineering, assisting other MSP Engineers in network infrastructure alignment, project deployment, and helpdesk support of computer systems, networks, servers, POS (Point of Sale) and computer peripheral equipment, as well as providing a range of IT solutions to clients including network cabling and Digital Video Surveillance.
On a day-to-day basis, this will involve:
Helpdesk remote/on-site support;
- Completing work orders and network documentation
- Attending Pre-Sales Support meetings with clients as a consultant for the Sales Team;
- Successfully implementing and providing operational support of 3rd party systems including – Networking, Security and RMM, antivirus, EDR System Administration;
- Traveling to Customer sites (some remote locations) as required;
- Server, Desktop and Networking Hardware, MF printers and Peripheral Support;
- Working with other Technicians in System Projects and Upgrades;
- New Technology Evaluation and Implementation.
- Monitoring centralized services tools dashboards.
What we’re looking for
To qualify, you must have completed University or Post-Secondary Education (preferably in a Computer/IT related field), coupled with 3-5 years of relevant work experience. Substantial relevant work experience will be considered in place of a degree or diploma.
Ideally you will have certifications in HP, IBM, Cisco, Sonicwall, MS Windows, A+, MCSE and CCNA.
Importantly, you have the following skills and experience:
- Network Administration and Product Support Experience;
- Knowledge of the following: Microsoft, IBM, Lenovo, HP, Apple, Cisco, Meraki, Sonicwall, Linux and Fortinet would be an asset.
- Hands on experience on storage systems NAS/SAN and DAS.
- Extensive Networking and System Administration experience in Windows operating systems, Exchange Server, Cisco, VMWare, Veeam, Office 365, Azure and VOIP Technology;
- Background in (NOC/SOC) IT Infrastructure Management and Security Monitoring Preferred;
- Understanding the Integration of various business applications and hardware to customer networks
- Ability to perform New Installs, Upgrades, Support backups and Disaster Recovery plans.
- Installing new software
- Installing new hardware (servers, printers, computer workstations, etc.)
- Setting up user accounts, permissions, and passwords
- Overseeing security of all systems, especially the internet, and installing antivirus protection
- Configuring firewalls, routing and switching to maximize network efficiency and security
- Maximizing network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
- Updating network equipment to the latest firmware releases
- Reporting network status to key stakeholders
A valid Saskatchewan Driver’s License is required.
Prince Albert Photocopier is looking for a flexible, dedicated candidate who is willing to work overtime and on call work as required. Excellent organizational and communication skills are essential.
What is in it for you?
The successful candidate will be rewarded with an attractive salary package, commensurate with your skills and experience.
In addition, Prince Albert Photocopier employees receive excellent benefits including:
- Full benefits package;
- Life, short and long term disability insurance;
- Co-Shared RRSP:
- A friendly corporate culture and team members who proudly represent our core values;
- Opportunities for fully reimbursed continued training and courses are supported and promoted on an individual basis; and
- Relocation Assistance provided.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting and vibrant company that is family-oriented with management who are open-minded and accepting of new ideas.
Prince Albert Photocopier is committed to developing, leading and mentoring staff who want to achieve and accelerate in their careers, in a nurturing and empowering environment.